Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Eve Course # 2 - Roasted Artichoke Salad

My very talented friend Gail was in charge of the second course. Gail is a master of all things fabric and sewing. She is also one hell of a belly dancer. She is one of the most confident women I know...until it comes to cooking. Don't get me wrong, she does a great job on any cooking adventure she undertakes. She just has an irrational fear of the kitchen. Just for me, she fights her kitchen demons and always delivers something wonderful. This year was no exception. She perused the internet to find this wonderful Ina Garten recipe. I don't think I've ever met an artichoke heart I didn't like. This salad was no exception. The capers gave it a nice piquant flavor. The green goo, as Gail called it, was a great complement to the salad and made for a very pretty presentation.



With the wine pairing




Gail: a lovely dish with her lovely dish



No comments: